Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mary Anne's Floral Portrait Class


I have used my Embellisher for a couple of years and have mostly made small abstract designs. Mary Anne Griffin offered a class project which was much more realistic than intuitive and it was a great challenge for me. Using beautiful wools, velvets, and silks provided in our kit, we all set about "pounding" fabric. And what a racket! Embellishers are not quiet!

(Photo above shows Mary Anne demonstrating a technique to the class.)

Mary Anne is such a good communicator and teacher that it was easy to follow her instructions to make the portrait. She even provided complete instructions, including photos on a cd that was part of our kit.

I made good progress on my Floral Portrait in class, but just got tired and pooped out. It was the last day of the retreat and I had partied too hard. (I wish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment