Saturday, February 19, 2011

a kinder, gentler way of cleaning

This morning I walked by my laundry room shelves for maybe the 10,000th time. For the first time, though, the load of toxic chemicals on the shelves caught my attention. There were obvious nasty things like chlorine bleach, and there were less obvious, nevertheless, nasty substances. It occurred to me that this is something I have some control over. I can't control the toxic Tea Partiers, but I can darn well determine what I am exposed to in my own home. (At least for now; who knows what the Repukelicans will get up to next.) Enough politics! Sorry!

Here are the before and after photos of the shelves:


I am so inspired that I believe I might make up that recipe in Mother Earth News for an entire year's supply of laundry soap.

1 comment: