Monday, March 24, 2008

I am giddy with power

Yes, posting on my own blog has me in a dither. Should I just talk about making crazy quilt stuff? Should I share my vast wisdom about life. Or maybe a few photos of my dog? I'll have to give this some more thought.

For today, here's a photo of the block I am making for my sister's birthday, which is April 1, so I'd better get a move on. I have had so much fun making this block. It's hard to see in this photo but I used my needle felting machine to make the orange flower in the top right, and I used invisible thread and my sewing machine to stitch down the vines. Up until now I have done everything by hand. There is something sort of naughty about cheating like this! But I need to save my hands for embroidery and a little machine stitching never hurt anything.



"After all, the goal is not to make art, but to be in that wonderful state that makes art inevitable."
~ Robert Henri / The Art Spirit

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog and I'm very excited to see your sister's birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote by Robert Henri is EXACTLY the way I feel!
    Welcome to blogland....and your sis is a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to see you in blogland! Please post all sorts of details ... that makes reading blogs even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and sweet blog - so soothing and happy!

    Thank you, Donna, so much for sharing yourself and your Beautiful Art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blog! It makes me want to come down and have a sewing day!Also, I covet the embellisher.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete