Thursday, March 27, 2008

Big Girl Toys

For several years I pieced crazy quilts with a 1937 Singer Featherweight. Then I decided to modernize with a Janome Jem Gold picked up at a Crazy Quilt Retreat several years ago. About a month ago, I bought a Janome Memory Craft 6600P because I wanted the quilting features and the decorative stitches. (Do not go in a sewing machine store and ask for a sewing machine that does embroidery stitches. That means something completely different to them.)

You can see it on the left side of the photo.

I love my new Janome and I am even making a sane quilt, quite a stretch for someone whose idea of a straight seam might vary as much as 1/4".

Needle Felting Machine

A couple of weeks ago I found out about needle felting machines, so I headed right out to destroy my budget by buying a Baby Lock Embellisher. It is the most fun thing I have done in a long time.

This is a 4x5" (approximately) crazy quilt 'interpretation' that I made the first day I got the embellisher.

There is something so satisfying about making a little needle felted piece, or an atc, or a cq postcard because it goes so quickly and then you have something beautiful. Making larger cq projects takes time and sometimes goes on for longer than I want.

I have been making some pins with the embellisher. More on those later.

1 comment:

  1. It is fab, fab, fab. I have never yet made a postcard or ATC, but you inspire me to try....

    ReplyDelete