Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Learn, January 1

No more failed new year's resolutions for me. I decided that this year I would focus on learning: about myself, art, life, whatever comes along. The idea of choosing one word, rather than a list of resolutions came from Linda Matthews, a designer whose blog I follow. She is a talented designer and a great teacher. I have taken online classes from her and I own her Titivations dvd. Her website includes links to over 270 free handbag patterns and tutorials! (See linked image below.)

Since I want to learn more about PhotoShop I have started making a digital journal page a day, which I will post here. My first effort is this page with my word at the top.

I will probably print out some of the pages on paper or fabric and embellish them with foil, stitching, beads, embroidery, and so on. Each page is 5x7" and could be a journal cover, a featured element in a pillow, or part of a quilt. Right now I am having fun working with textures, brushes, fonts, and colors in PhotoShop so embellishing will come later.

Want to try this yourself with PhotoShop or PhotoShop Elements? Linda's website has lots of tutorials. Just scroll down until you see "PhotoShop Elements". You might also try Kim Classen's free Skinny-Mini eCourse. Registration closes January 17, 2011.

I'll post the pages I've made to date, and one a day after that, as long as I can keep it up -- life sometimes happens so fast that there's not time to write about it!

Free Purse, Tote & Handbag Patterns & Tutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment