Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lavender Sage Art Retreat

Four days with 10 wonderfully creative women, making art in a beautiful studio in the Texas hill country with two amazing teachers. Wow! We learned about monoprinting, collage, sketching, watercolor painting, blind contour drawing, continuous line contour drawing, image transfer, journaling, making a box, and best of all we learned about ourselves as artists. We visited art galleries, ate some great barbecue and Mexican food, and our chef Tess fed us very well at the Studio. We spent time sketching at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. I am truly grateful for the connections that we made with each other, and for the opportunity to observe such talented artists. Oh, and I had all kinds of fun, too!

Next Lavender Sage Art Retreat is in April, 2012.

Thanks to Sona for lunch and a visit to her beautiful home and studio on Monday. What a treat! From Sona's Colleen and I went to S. Congress to visit Uncommon Objects and Tesoros where we managed to acquire even more "stuff" than we did in Salado. By then we needed a snack and hit Guero's down the street before we left for Oklahoma, where we arrived home about 1:30am. Tired but happy.

I have posted my photos to MobileMe and I'll upload to the flickr group soon. Here's one of my favorites from the Wildflower Center. I believe this is Texas sage; it was blooming everywhere. 




4 comments:

  1. I hope you post to Flickr cuz I can't access the apple app! It was soooo wonderful meeting you Donna dear, and spending time with you. I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! Your work here is wonderful and the doggie pics are truly adorable. Miss you too, Donna!

    Noël

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I'll post the pix on flickr, too. I was a little concerned about MobileMe working for everyone. Thanks for setting up the flickr group -- I've already enjoyed seeing your photos and am looking forward to seeing others' photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noel, thanks so much for the nice comments. I am looking forward to reading your blog a little later. I have someone coming today to help me become more organized and of course I am so disorganized that I am not ready yet!

    ReplyDelete