Sunday, August 28, 2011

Big CQ Countdown -- Block 3

Anyone who knows my friend Martha Green will recognize this "tribute block". Martha is a tremendously creative, prolific crazy quilt artist, and I've learned more from her than I can possibly ever thank her for. 

I've tried to stay true to the vibrant colors the Martha uses, and the skeleton image is an original piece of art by Martha. She made the image for me, and if you click on the image to see it full size, you will see the lizard on the shoulder of the skeleton, who is holding a mug of beer. There's a story behind it, of course, but I'll save that for another time and place.

Day of the Dead image, compliments to Martha Green
More blocks to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a fabulous block! It reminds me of how much I love (and how well you do) vibrant colors. I want to hear that lizard/beer story sometime. Perhaps over a glass of wine…. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete